Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Valentine's Bakes

Ok, so I know Valentine's Day was a while ago now but I wanted to share my bakes from it...

First up was a chocolate sponge heart. I thought about icing it as well, but didn't want to overload it too much. So a dusting of icing sugar it was!


 I used a silicone cake mould and it was so much easier than a traditional cake tin.

 Then I made some little cookie people. It isn't that obvious here but they are Lego people (check out the heads and hands!). I was in a bit of a rush and didn't have any writing icing so just went with pink sprinkles. When aren't pink sprinkles a good idea?


And no baking would be complete without some cupcakes! These are just vanilla sponge with flood icing and an icing heart. The icing was originally white and I dyed it with food colouring. I'm a big fan of the marbled effect I ended up with. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...