Monday, 28 May 2012

Chocolate Workshop

This weekend I went to a chocolate workshop at Chocoholly, mostly to celebrate my sister's birthday! It perhaps wasn't the best idea on the hottest weekend of the year so far but never mind. Me, my mum and sister really enjoyed ourselves!









After a fun quiz and a lesson in chocolate tasting, we were shown how to make ganache. Then the fun started! We were given a stick of ganache, and shown how to make, dip and decorate our truffles. There were plenty to choose from including sugar strands, raisins and rose petals.

I also got to try out chocolate transfers which give a really nice effect that I hadn't really seen before.

We were then given other goodies like pretzels, candied orange and marshmallows to dip in the chocolate.

Then we were shown how to make other chocolate shapes like hearts and buttons, although mine all came out pretty wonky.

Once the chocolate had set, we could package them all up beautifully to take home.

It was much easier than I expected to make the truffles, and they taste lovely. I'm keen to give making them another go (maybe when it's less hot!), as they would make pretty nice presents. I might even have a little experiment with flavours...

Chocolate workshops are run pretty much every weekend at Chocoholly, check them out at www.chocoholly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...