Thursday, 19 July 2012

Cheese and Onion Sharing Bread

I don't often make bread, I really don't have the patience to wait while it proves. But I spotted this recipe in the Great British Bake Off book and thought I would give it a whirl.

It was pretty straightforward and came out pretty well. Mine's not the nice shape they used, I couldn't get it to fit on the baking sheet otherwise. It doesn't look that clear in my photo but it's lots of small balls of bread that you can tear off and share.




The cheese melts beautifully across the top and the sweetness of the onions is a nice surprise as you eat it. I used chilli oil to cook the onions to give it an extra kick. I would definitely make this again, maybe to go with a pasta dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...