Monday, 2 July 2012

Chocolate Ganache Cake

I'm a self confessed chocoholic. Seriously can't get enough of the stuff. But I tend to just eat chocolate as it comes, rather than baking with it. But I had an urge to master chocolate ganache icing.

The sponge is just a basic chocolate sponge. I've seen lots of recipes for chocolate and something such as chilli or raspberry, but for this I wanted to go simple.

I've made chocolate ganache before, and I used it when making truffles. I'm really pleased with how the cake  iced, as I perhaps left it to firm up a bit too much.

I couldn't resist adding a few sprinkles!

Now I've started I don't know why I haven't baked with chocolate. I'm slowly collecting some chocolatey recipes to try (read: frantically searching every recipe book I own) so expect lots more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...