Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Torch Relay

There seems to be a rather large event happening in London this summer...

So the other day I managed to sneak out of work early to see the torch relay go through Brighton. I'm a bit of a sports fan so I was looking forward to it anyway, but I underestimated how exciting (and slightly emotional) it would be.

The crowds were impressive despite the constant drizzle, and everyone seemed very enthusiastic. Even the tourists buying overpriced flags to wave!


The flame was staying in Brighton overnight. I didn't get tickets to the celebrations but I could hover outside with my camera! So I managed to get a glimpse of the cauldron being lit. 


I'm super excited for the Olympics to start now, although I have a funny feeling it's not going to make the commute any easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...